Friday, July 27, 2012

Supercharge Your Career - Join the SCPRSA Leadership Team

Looking for a good way to super-charge your career? I can’t think of a greater, more rewarding way to enhance your public relations and leadership skills than through an SCPRSA leadership position. Back in 2005, I began my leadership journey with SCPRSA as the midlands luncheons chair. It was the first time, as a professional, I had taken on a leadership role outside of my job. From day-one in the position, I was surrounded by warm, caring people who really helped me grow as a leader. What a fun adventure it has been to help build the legacy of SCPRSA through my years of service.

Today, you have the opportunity to join a group of accomplished and dynamic public relations professionals; the most well respected in South Carolina. I can honestly say that SCPRSA has been instrumental in my career path, helping me get to where I am today, the communications leader for an organization of more than 1700 people across the South and Mid-Atlantic.

It’s really comforting to know that I can rely on my peer network, built through our SCPRSA leadership team, for advise and feedback. The friendships I have made are invaluable and I am truly grateful to be a part of the life and success of SCPRSA. And…did I mention how much fun we have?

So what are you waiting for? Join us! Nominations for leadership positions are due Wednesday, August 1, 2012. The 2013 officers and board members will be elected by your vote and installed at the Professional Development seminar and Annual Meeting to be held on November 16, 2012 in Columbia (Save the date!!!).

You may notice a few new positions. As part of our strategic planning process we took a hard look at our board positions and compared our established leadership positions with our current needs. We hope that the changes will help us better serve the needs of our chapter. If you have any questions about the nominating process, please feel to contact me or Penny Cothran, nominating committee chair, at (803) 629-0308 or pennydelaney@hotmail.com.

It has truly been an honor to serve SCPRSA as a leader for many years. I hope you’ll consider joining me as we build the SCPRSA legacy for many years to come.

Warm Regards,

Alice Grey Harrison
SCPRSA President
alicegrey.harrison@dhgllp.com


Click here for an editable PDF nominations form - see instructions in blue to submit nominations electronically.

No comments: