Thursday, August 1, 2013

Last Call for Leaders – Yeah, That’s You!


Did you know that today is a big day? No, it’s not the only first of August and the official start to the end of summer (which I know is a little depressing - but at least football season is around the corner).

It's also the second to final day for submitting nominations for the 2014 SCPRSA Board, committee chairs and committee members. A day for stepping up to enhance your leadership skills, share those skills with others and contribute to an organization that only wants to support your future success and growth.

As the president of SCPRSA, I’ve been honored and excited about what we’ve done so far this year as a chapter, and I've grown professionally as well. Recently, I’ve also been having great conversations with practitioners just like you who are volunteering for a committee or taking the plunge to join our Board.

But we still need you.

Our Chapter has leadership positions large and small, for every interest, time commitment and skill set - and all are important.

Been wanting to enhance your budgeting or sales and marketing skills? Want to help shape what our PRSSA scholarships will look like for years to come? Need more event planning experience while simultaneously networking and working with dynamic speakers statewide, regionally and nationally?

We offer all that and more, combined into something that your boss will be impressed by, your LinkedIn profile will love and that will provide lasting experiences.

I urge you to take the next step with your membership and join us in getting further involved through a leadership position. Nominate yourself or a colleague today. 

Erin S. Watson, APR @easmithwatson

No comments: